Setup of SoftActivity Keylogger with ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 may detect SoftActivity Keylogger on your computer as Potentially Unwanted Program(PUP) or Win32/Spy.ActivityMonitor.D threat. In fact, there is no virus in SoftActivity Keylogger software. It only does what is declared in its features on the website,, i.e. records your kids computer activity with parent’s permission.
To prevent ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 from detecting this threat you will need to exclude SoftActivity Keylogger folder from scans as described below.
Instructions below are only for version 6 or newer of SoftActivity Keylogger. Update to the latest version here
Follow the steps below to exclude SoftActivity Keylogger folder from the antivirus and to then install the monitoring software.
1. Before downloading and installing SoftActivity Keylogger disable real-time file protection of NOD 32 Antivirus. For this click on icon of the protection program in the system tray and select Open ESET NOD32 Antivirus command:
2. In the appeared window select Setup page on left panel and then click on Enabled link for Real-time file system protection item to disable it:
Disable real-time protection
3. After this click on Enter advanced setup link :
Open advanced settings
4. In the appeared Advanced setup window select Computer – Antivirus and antispyware – Exclusions item in the tree on the left side. Exclusions page will appear on right side. Click on Add… button:
5. Manually enter C:\Windows\syspkgwk (copy from here and paste into the program) in the Exclusion: field (most likely you will not see syspkgwk sub-folder in Windows folder tree since the program is not yet installed). Press OK. Then press OK in Advanced setup dialog.
Enter folder name
6. Download and install SoftActivity Keylogger. It should not be detected by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
7. Enable real-time file protection of NOD32 Antivirus. For this open Setup page in configuration window and click on Disabled link for Real-time file system protection item.
Enable real-time protection